Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
I own a chunk, and boy is it now ever expensive. Smack dab in the middle of my 2nd tier of holdings with the JPMs and BABAs of the world due to gains.

I think the main question, maybe the only question, is that 'Is Shopify a win-win-win solution going forward?'

It seems obvious it's a win for e-tailers and manufacturers [more sales, ease of use, access to customers, new solutions!], the question revolves around does SHOP offer good products at good prices with fast shipping; or is volume dominated by dropshippers and furbie/spinners and the lack of true 'value-add' to the customer eventually kills the valuation.

Amazon is the winner it is because of that true Win-Win-Win effect creating the flywheel everyone loves so much who owns the stock. Consumers get that combo of better prices/better service/fast shipping/more selection/instant downloads.

Of course, NFLX is a win-win for customers and trades at 234x PE so it's hard to look at these from purely a quant standpoint *if* you want to participate in them. I took my profits a month ago and missed out on another 25% gain, so....I dunno. If/when NFLX stops being a win-win-win scenario as others move their content away and rising comp from DIS/AMZN/other bundles you'd think the valuation will drop significantly so they need to expand as fast as possible.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.