Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 38
I own Peloton. The Android to Apple for Peloton appears to be NordicTrack. However their bike is $1999 and Peloton just lowered the cost of their good bike to $1899 and just came out w their best bike at $2400 or something. Thus, why buy a NordicTrack? If you dig into the whole products here the value proposition f NordicTrack is less (even though it is a great bike) and all things equal, most would go Peloton for the Superior media and social media experience.

In this regard Peloton has really circled and flanked NordicTrack.

As for Zwift however, apples and oranges. Peloton is spinning and other group gym activities, Zwift is real simulated virtual cycling used even by Tour de France champions. The other day I was riding through London and up Box Hill with a thousand people from around the world. Peloton, the product, does not interest me as a cyclist. It probably never will.

There is some overlap in audience, but for the most part Zwift and Peloton serve different market segments that will not converge.

I own Peloton because of the tornados growth and competitive advantage (such as the example w NordicTrack above) and disruptive media property they are creating with large adjacencies like tread mills and rowers to go along w so many fitness media options. Who knows, Nike started out as a single running shoe. Now they are a product conglomerate and life style product.

Tinker
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.