Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I picked up the prospectus of Fidelity, Tiaa-cref, and Valic. I called each company also. Fidelity was the only one who was able to answer my question about fees. Due to the contract with the hospital, there are no fees from Fidelity, even if i invest in several mutual funds and i can invest in any Fidelity mutual fund. The problem with this is the vast amount of funds available and how many seem to overlap. They also have the Freedom Funds (Fund of Funds) which may be a solid choice. That is just a matter of research and understanding a solid asset allocation plan for my young age ( i want to be very aggressive with my retirement portfolio). Fidelity is also a true 403(b), not an annuity like the other two choices. I don't know if this will matter either way if i am in a 403 or tax deferred annuity if legislation passes next year about being able to transfer between different retirement accounts. Tiaa-cref and Valic were unable to answer the fee question. I too have heard good things about Tiaa-cref, but their choices to my retirement account are very limited with only 11 funds available and only 4 are stock funds. To me that seems a little too narrow. But i will continue to do some research in that area.

When i first opened the Valic account i felt customer service was very important because i understood very little about investing. Since then i have read everything under the sun and have asked hundreds of questions. So that is no longer important.
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.