Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I posted this to another thread and its my humble opinion. I am wondering if this sport is so valuable to sat radio, why did not XM bid higher?

Perhaps XM didn't see NASCAR as part of its image. Sirius now has Stern, the NFL, and NASCAR. It is becoming increasingly important for XM to create a unique brand image. One can easily see a difference in the way each company markets, esecially their respective websites. NASCAR may not fit what they are trying to do.

It is understandable to be concerned as an investor when a company decides to spend a load of money on new content, especially since the expenses per subscriber is already so high. But, keep in mind that the NASCAR contract will be paid over time, and NASCAR has agreed to accept the largest payments near the end of the contract. In the meantime, SIRIUS can build the subscriber base and make money off of advertising.

Further, NASCAR might not be enough to subscribe to satellite radio, but it might be the straw that breaks the camel's back for many consumers. Especially undecided consumers who enjoy the Stern show.

marxtacy
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.