Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I raise AKo in mid position, get reraised by someone with position. Can it really be profitable to play from here if he folds if I hit one of my outs (which tends to be the case the vast majority of the time)?

This one just depends too much on opponent. No shame in just folding to a decent opponent who re-raises big here. You are never committed to seeing a flop w/ AK and full stacks. Mostly you'd like to, but a situation where a good opponent has position and very likely a premium hand is not one of them.

Someone raises in mid position, I reraise with AKo in LP. Flop is rags, he check/calls. Turn is a blank and he checks. Do I surrender and check behind?

Yes, give up against most opponents.

I mostly like calling this pre-flop. It keeps the pot small, keeps your hand disguised, and gives you a chance to make money post-flop. I think after a 3bet pre-flop and an ace or king on the flop you hardly ever make money post-flop.

Someone raises in EP/MP. I am in the SB with AKo. What do you do?
Someone raises in EP/MP. I am in the BB with AKo. What do you do?

Not claiming it's correct, but I'll usually play these passively the whole way. Just call pre-flop and mostly check-call, except often make a river bet when he checks behind on turn.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.