Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I read a study (I think it was posted here) that determined the buying power break even point, that is the point where you will have more buying power working than not working and on the Federal/State dole was ~54K. Until you can work for $54K you're better off staying at home, financially speaking of course, not in terms of self respect.

I lived a stone's throw away from lower Manhattan. A man was interviewed and said that in order to get the freebies that the government was giving him, he'd have to find a job that paid $45,000 a year. No way was he going to do that.
Dennis Miller was on O'Reilly awhile ago and said that if O got re-elected and you made $45,000 a year or less, QUIT YOUR JOB!!!
He said it wouldn't pay for you to go to work.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.