No. of Recommendations: 0
I read a test thing on them a few yrs ago and it said they don't hold the dogs in.....worthless pieces of nylon webbing. But they are working on improving them.

What I do is put the end of the leash around head restraint base and knot it. I'm constantly holding the collar when I make turns or have to make a sudden stop so doggie doesn't fall or anything.

Some folks put crate in back of vehicle which is safer. A loose dog in an accident is bad.....I've heard of cases where during an accident, dogs flies out of vehicle and if it survives gets lost and is never found. Ack!

It's better to restrain them. Don't let them hang there heads out of windows because debris gets in the eye and there are heart wrenching cases of animals falling out of the windows of moving cars and trucks. sad sad with a bad outcome for animal.

LD
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.