No. of Recommendations: 3
I read the print edition for 42 years. First purchasing at the newsstand and later with a subscription. Always took a two year subscription. The last time it came up for renewal the price for one year was more than double what I'd paid for two years the last time around. I was going to drop it completely but they convinced me to try the online edition. I'd rather hold a newspaper to read it. I get much more out of it but I gave it a try. This year the renewal for the online edition took a huge jump. I was going to drop it but decided to call and ask what their best price was. They renewed me at the old rate. This could well be my last year though if they don't give me the same deal again. Murdock is a greedy SOB! With so many online resources I think I can learn to live without WSJ.

As an aside, it will be interesting to see what they do if the post office actually drops Saturday delivery. That will make the much ballyhooed Saturday edition just bird cage liner for many subscribers.
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.