Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 10
I read through their web site and from it, this is what I think is going on

This is a publicly traded REIT, not Private and not exchange traded.

Per the annual REIT >= 90% of taxable income distributions rule, distributions are made and if in a taxable account will be income to the account holder, but they are required to be reinvested.

The 'maturity' period is projected to be 5 years when apartments will be sold (liquidity event) and, I'd image, the proceeds are distributed as partly return of capital and partly capital gains. While being operated, the first 7% of 'profits' each year (REIT Taxable Income or GAAP income??) goes to investors, then the 'profits' are divided 65% investors and 35% management up to 12% return for the year and thereafter, the 'profit' is split 50-50. At least that's how I read it to work.

My assessment: don't go there.

Any time you get off the grid, you run the risk of getting fleeced. Like the roach motel, its easy to get in but ner' impossible to get out until you're let out. In the meantime all you can do is watch and management will do whatever it is they wish to do....and most of the time, from my readings, it does not go as you thought it would.

The power of buy and sell orders cannot be over-emphasized. When you go off the grid, you give up this right, and management knows this. Its not a good position to be in.

Stick with individual REITs, REIT funds and REIT ETFs you have the discretion to buy and sell as you see fit.

https://diversystaging.wpengine.com/how-it-works/?utm_source...

Oh, and a minor point....its 'Diversy', not 'Diversify'.

BruceM
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.