Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
I realize that I have been looking at charts thinking "positive" MACD and looking for an upwards slope of the MACD line(s). But now I am thinking that what you mean by "positive" is just that the MACD should be above the zero line. i.e., it's OK if the MACD trend is flat or even down a bit as long as the value at this point in time is above zero. Is that right?

Yes, by positive I mean above zero for the MACD. It's okay if it's above zero but trending down as long as the other criteria are met. On the RSI, I look at where it was a month ago, and how it is behaving. If the RSI was around 40 30 days ago, dropped to about 25 15 days ago, but has risen to 45, I would say that met my criteria, because 45 is above 40. On the other hand, if it went from 40 to 60 and then back to 45 (up five in the past month, but in the process of going down) I would seriously think about pulling the trigger on that one.

NukeJohn
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.