No. of Recommendations: 3
“I really do think this is the time to buy. I mean look how far we've come!”

I was reminded of something I did with a good friend about 10 years ago. We ran the Grand Canyon from the south trail down to the Colorado River 9 miles below and back up.

About half way down I looked up and was in amazement how far we ran, only to then look down this one point and gasp at how far we still had to go. It visually looked like we were on a cliff in one of those Road Runner cartoons, looking down to the floor below.

Yea I’m with you Bear. I’ve been waiting to buy back in slowly. Bought this morning. I’ll patiently keep placing lower limit orders as the market swings back down. It was irrational on the way up, now it’s being irrational on the way down. That’s what markets do sometimes.

Pendulums swing both ways. I don’t think there was enough questioning of the pendulum swing straight up to nose bleed highs back in June/July.

I read a very convincing article back then about all the IPOs coming to market, being pushed by sheer greed to take advantage of the hot environment. It worried the author and it made sense to me. I privately emailed someone of importance on this board to ask if I could discuss on the board, to get his thoughts, but it was deemed off topic, so I left it at that.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.