Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 9
I can never go in there, get what I want and leave. It always becomes a three hour event. Today I went in to get a hachet. I'm cleaning out overgrown planting beds and there are some rogue trees/brush that have become a little more established than I would like.

After discovering that the small axe I wanted was not stocked in its proper place, I noticed a box about two feet from the ceiling which had the same stock number. I proceeded to the Customer Service desk to inquire if someone could get one down for me. They paged - I waited. After 45 minutes I went back to the desk and asked if anyone had responded to help me. The clerk paged again. Again I waited. After 15 minutes I thought maybe I should see if there was a staffer in the outside garden department that would help me. The cashier there paged for someone. I waited. After 15 minutes she paged again. And again. I asked if there was a manager who could assist me since none of the staff was available to do so. After 10 more minutes the staffer that had been paged in the beginning showed up and we went to the aisle so he could see what I wanted. He disappeared and in 15 minutes returned with a stocking ladder. He got the box down and opened it. The first axe had a bent blade so he gave me a second on to inspect. Then he asks "What do you need that for?" It took all my willpower not to say "Well, I need an axe small enough so I can control my swing and not hit the tub. Don't want to chip the porcelain. The blood stains would never come out."

AC *it's none of his frickin business what I need it for*
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 5
Try Lowe's.

ßillƒ
No. of Recommendations: 6
http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/Displayitem.taf?itemnumber=9965

Already got one.

AC *and I've heard they splatter too much*
Try Lowe's.

Believe it of not there isn't one close to where I live (Home Depot has 3 stores within 4 miles of me). And I've had my tangles with them too. I should just learn to pay a little more and go to the mom and pop hardware.

AC *it's closer and they could handle most needs*
AC *and I've heard they splatter too much*

especially if you miss and cut your leg off.
No. of Recommendations: 7
Then he asks "What do you need that for?" It took all my will power not to say "Pull your collar back and I'll show you"

jC
"Pull your collar back and I'll show you"

Wouldn't want to ruin the shirt....

ROTFLMAO!!

Do not use a hatchet to remove a fly from a friend's forehead.
<Chinese Proverb>

Fish or cut bait
<American Proverb>
Then he asks "What do you need that for?" It took all my will power not to say "Pull your collar back and I'll show you"

I had been carrying around a small mattock pick.

AC *luckily I didn't plant it in someone's head during the exchange*