Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I recently met 2 "old friends" for lunch. Guys I grew up with, and amazingly, 2 of us live within a mile of our childhood home, and the other lives in his childhood home. While not close friends anymore, we have stayed in touch over the 40+ years we've known each other. Interacting with people with whom one has such longevity (outside of family) is a great thing in my opinion, and we all enjoyed the fact that over the years we still have lots in common, and lots to share.

After having done so, I just wanted to reprise this post, which I believe is one of the best ever written here at the Fool. Admittedly, the musical references make it special for me, but the theme is universal, and I've read it a few times since Synch originally posted it.

I understand that my opinions in these forums don't amount for much, but if you haven't done so already, take the time to re-read it. It is worthy of merit, deserving of far more "recs" than much of what I see on the "Best of" list.

By the way - what ever happened to your friend David? The post begs for a post script. Thx for a memorable post.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.