Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I retired and my wife is not of medicare age yet. She did the research and found a Golden Rule plan that costs $1200 a month and we are paying that for a few more yrs. $1200 a month is a lot better than a million dollar hospital bill. There are some others out there that are more cost effective like medishare if you meet the criteria. It's a temporary situation unless your wife is a LOT younger than you ;) ...doc

Dec, there are other companies out there such as Samaritan Ministries, Christian Heath Services, Liberty HealthShare and US Healthshare. CHS is the oldest company with Medishare and Samaritan Ministries not far behind. It might be worth looking into those companies because they are much less than the $1200/monthly you now pay for your wife.

None of them are regular insurance but people pool their money and expenses are paid. I had CHS, my daughter-in-law had Medishare before switching to CHS and my son has Samaritan.

Robyn
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.