Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
I retired in my 40’s and I’m a few decades older now and still not claiming Social Security. My thinking when I turned 60 was I don’t need it, it really is a meager payment so why not let it build up until I turn 70? So, that reason is still valid, and the investments I’ve made over the years are doing fine, I still don’t need it......but one day in the future, it might help with nursing home payments or a few days in a hospice......who the heck knows? But I’ll wait until I’m 70 or until my health gets really dicey.

I have a friend who mishandled her money badly, she gets $1700 a month. Ugh! Talk about a belt tightening, that’s it!

Lucky Dog who is grateful for all that HP has provided for me
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.