Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I retired out of WeCo/Lucent nearly 20 years back, corporate standard was Win NT, and my attempts to get them to look at Macs for the graphics abilities for everything from equipment designation cards ro more detailed terminal strip designations and other graphics fell on deaf ears, we were barely edging away from what I called rubber stamps on stick to, at the last, p-touch labeling. In my arena, we had made up templates for 100K line distribution frames to all the othersI came across, doing a lot of it on my own Mac, saving many hours, but corporate wasn't having any of it... Ink and rubber stampings went back into the early days and making any change was impossible.. I gave up..

But locally, the procedures, proposals were loved by the customer, graphics with before/after images, details to avoid errors, etc.. Fun for me, but maybe a threat to the various IT departments, graphics groups, in any case, it's tough to make a meaningful move...

Good to see the IBM/Ford/Apple linkage, thanks for the peek!

weco
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.