Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I saw the top execs were dismissed on Friday and that CBI had to agree to pay its Controller $1.8 million to stay on through the reporting season. That is not a good sign, but hopefully the $1.8 million will buy more than 3 months of the Controller's services. I don't like to see big bucks thrown around like that, but it seems that the Controller holds the leverage in this situation.

There are clearly some accounting problems. It appears that the execs had a hand in things and it will obviously be some time before the truth about everything is known (if ever). However, the reasons that I invested in CBI over the past few months (and will probably invest more on this big dip) are: (1) Economic trends that play to CBI's strengths (need for LNG facilities and other infrastructure); (2) relatively high barriers to entry in CBI's industry; and (3) CBI's backlog of projects.

If the departed execs were overstating the backlog of projects, then that is probably a deal-breaker with me. If the backlog is there and CBI still has the capability to deliver them, then I think my investment thesis was sound and CBI will ride out this storm.

Any thoughts Twitty? Anyone?
Bus Driver
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.