Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I saw them also and read the fine print. It's not a Yamaha product. The manufacturer buys Yamaha engines and puts them in their generators. According to the manufacturer it's not compatible with the Yamaha generators and cannot be paired. Similar Yamaha generators are EU2000is or EF2000is.

Per the manual, they can be paired, but I'm not going tp pack around two of these critters..

http://www.a-ipower.com/wp-content/pdf/SUA2000i.pdf

In any case, it looked good, ran quiet, did everything but take the load I would have used it for... The microwave! I did switch the refrigerator on, and that it handled OK, a pretty light load... I could;dn't think of any other load I'd need it for, I didn't expect it to run the A/C, not really needed, generally. I've put LEDs everywhere, run two deep cycle golf cart batteries, so I can go more than a week I bet with no problem. Water, wastewater would be a bigger problem, but when we do longer trips, er generally overnight in commercial campgrounds often, so again, less need for a generator..

So it was a gamble, and with Costco, a simple call is all it took to verify I can return it, no receipt needed, they have the sales record, so it should go well..
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.