Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 7
I second the nomination.

I lurk. Have lurked for many months now on numerous boards. But it is on the Mishedlo board that I have learned the most and profited from what I learned.

I sympathise with Jim's gripe but having experienced myself the frustration of interacting with a number of Fools on boards such as PA or Current Events, I understand that one can easily get carried away. It is partly the reason I chose to lurk.

In a nutshell, Mishedlo has helped me quit my day job to live a more serene life whilst still making a living... a decent living that is. Regardless of his bahavior on other boards, on his board Mish has created a strong sense of community bringing together people of differing views and experience that come together to share ideas on how to profit from the world as it is. Not everyone agrees with Mish's views on his board but everyone makes an effort to keep their input to ideas that are actionable from the financial point of view. On Mish's board there is something for everyone: from short term speculative ideas to sound long term investments aimed at securing your retirement and that of your family, to socially responsible investment ideas, to how or when to get in/out of an investment, along with the occasional joke or personal tale.

I am grateful to Mish for the time he invests in producing the amount of original input that he does as well as for all the material that he finds, reads, researches, annotates and shares. Personally, I don't know how he does it or where he finds the time to do it, but he does. I am grateful to him for the people he finds and invites to the board and whose ideas he shares with us (with their permission) should they be unable to join the board themselves. Finally, I am grateful to all those people that freely share their input on Mish's board becasue they feel that their work is recognized and appreciated there; and it is.

From my personal experience and what I have gained from frequenting Mish's board, I feel that an award is the least I can help him to achieve.

Thank you Mike

Guido

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.