No. of Recommendations: 1
I see some cell phone companies offer a little USB device you can hook to your computer and get internet access, and according to the Sprint map, I am in an excellent 4G coverage area, but I don't know if this would work or not.

I have been pretty satisfied with a somewhat similar Sprint device, although
(a) if you care about mobility, Verizon has generally better coverage than Sprint (if you don't care about mobility, ignore this and check who actually does have good coverage in the location you care about), and
(b) I have never noticed actually being in an area with 4G coverage. Not surprising considering that I live in a motorhome...

I say somewhat similar because my device isn't normally connected to the computer. Instead it's a wifi hub.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.