Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
I see two issues.

If what you have does the job why change? I didn't see any specific problems or improvements you've cited for changing software.

Second, talk to a lawyer about the corporation and bring your wife. A lot of business owners go the corporation route. But key is having your wife be comfortable. There may have been non standard facts regarding her father company.
I've been involved in the disolving a public company once in my life after taking it private. It wasn't that hard, it just took a bit of money for the lawyer and accountant.
A lawyer if you can spend the greatly help you in making a choice. If you want to save some money, read up on corporations beforehand and make a list of questions and avoid the basic company education. Or even better, perhaps your wife should do the research which might calm her mind.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.