Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 3
I seem to recall that you can set up an LLC - Have the IRA invest in the LLC and the LLC can be controlled by you. I would contact someone locally well versed in this subject before trying anything.


That would be a prohibited act of self-dealing, as noted earlier.
There would be penalty tax of 15% of the amount involved, per year, until they catch you.

The technical provisions are Code Section 4975. The plain English synopsis is on pages 44-45 of Pub. 590.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.