Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I share your your sentiments - but other synonyms are just as distasteful! It usually means premature or forced retirement; unemployable due to over qualifications; pre-conceived ideas of senility, etc. etc. When will the establishment wake-up to the reality that we are building the world's largest reservoir of under-utilised talent, by putting out to pasture people with 45+ years of accumulated wisdom! Sixty five may have seemed old 50 years ago; however, the rapid increase in the life expectancy of adults calls for a re-appraisal of conventional wisdom about senior employment. I play tennis 3 or 4 times a week, waste muchos time on my computer, read a bit and try to engage in as many pro-bono public activities as a I can But the fact is I see all kind of problems around me, that I am discouraged from helping resolve. People were happy to pay a $1000/day fee as a consultant, but when you volunteer - you are labelled as an interferring old busybody! Its a strange world we lived in - Matthew
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.