Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I sold about half my position by shorting MNK when the merger equivalent price was about 96 so I did leave some money on the table too. I am still keeping half as I think the relative undervaluation of QCOR will not be as pronounced for the combined firm as it will be more difficult to attack due to its diversified nature. The flipside is that MNK is not at all undervalued so that the combined firm will be less undervalued than QCOR.

The only downside to the quick increase in stock price is that the margin of safety is now much lower and one must have some appetite for risk to invest in QCOR or the combined firm now. IMHO, it is still a decent risk/reward play but nowhere as compelling as it was a year ago.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.