Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I sold today for .07 after calling scottrade to find out what was going on with the trading. When I tried on Friday to sell, the symbol had changed so it didn't take. Today I sold under the new symbol and it took immediately. I too am losing around 30,000 and stupidly bought on the way down to try and lower my cost basis. I did the same thing with Doral a couple of years ago and swore to myself I wouldn't do it again. I ended up with even more than with Doral. I also own other bank stocks, C, BAC, WFC, and WM. I began moving into dividend stocks to have income in my retirement from dividends and thought I was being conservative.
I will end up with some recompense from the tax loss and most likely will not pay any state or federal taxes.
I see people are getting more information and some will hold for some hope and I wish you all well. I just couldn't stand seeing it in my portfolio anymore.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.