Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I spend time on Facebook keeping up with my friends. But I come to TMF if I want information from or discussion with a larger and more diverse group. Facebook doesn't work well for group discussions.

I don't post on this board as much because I haven't been playing much lately, and when I do play I don't really have questions about what happened. I know why I lost a hand and what I did wrong, if anything. Are there a lot of pieces I'm missing? No doubt. But it's not important right now.

And, honestly, JCoC has made this an unpleasant place to be. I can't have a conversation with my friends without him getting in the middle of it. And even with him on ignore, I see the responses my friends make. And then I'm tempted to say something to him. And it's just talking to a wall. I've had some knock-down fights with some of the people here, and gotten very angry and frustrated. Hitting him is like hitting a pillow: it just tires you and makes no lasting impression.

As far as general volume on the boards, I've noticed that Best Of posts have fewer rec's than in the past - I'd say probably half. I think that's probably a good indicator of general traffic. I'd also say that the cause is as much the stock market as anything else. When I joined TMF I did so for investment advice. The boards were an incidental detour. Not many people are looking for stock info right now - and there are many more places to get it than there used to be.

Random ramblings. Interesting subject.

Frydaze1
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.