Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 8
I started to take anti-virals within hours of testing positive: 2 nirmatrelvir 150mg and 1 ritonavir 100mg, which are prepacked in daily blister packs with a morning and evening side, the whole labeled Paxlovid--an excellent job of getting people to take them correctly!

I called my doctors office to request Paxlovid as soon as I tested positive in a cheap at-home test, and the prescription was called in to my pharmacy. Nobody insisted I take a PCR test to confirm. If DD hadn't come home from the airport in time, my pharmacy would have delivered as I'm less than a mile away. They gave her a probiotic and tylenol for me to take with it--I forgot to ask her if that was part of the dr's orders, a suggestion of the pharmacist, or DD's own idea. (I use pain killers so seldom that all of mine--purchased at the beginning of the pandemic over 2 years ago say they're expired on the packaging, whatever that's worth.)

My SIL found Paxlovid gave him a continous terrible taste in the mouth, but I do not have this experience. The pills do smell kinda skunk-like, however.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.