Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
I stopped taking the supplements because I felt really bad all over. Achy, tired and weak. This went away when I stopped the supplements.

I don't know if this is an individual reaction or why it happened.

I also stopped taking calcium supplements when a large study showed that it didn't reduce osteoporosis in postmenopausal women and might increase the risk of cardiovascular disease and kidney stones.

Which is because of a need for K2 to get that calcium out of the soft tissue and into the bone. Sis has osteoporosis. Was put on calcium and it did not help the bone density until she added K2 to the supplement. A Calcium test showed her heart was looking bad also and that too reversed with the K2. I have been taking it for a couple of years now and have never had any issues with K2.

I now eat a large bowl of kale every day for K2.

Sadly, produce these days tends to be very deficient in nutrients as we deplete the soil. Though eating well and exercising is the best first defense against poor health, modern day farming provides us with produce that is much lower in nutrients that previously.

IP
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.