Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I stumbled along the Millionaire Club post, too, since it was on "Most Recommended" list and I have to say I agree with you. One part of me says "damn, wish I would've had the guts to do that" and part of me cringes just as you described.

I invest in Jon Markman's FOG screen, a variation of RS strategies, so I'm familiar with the eye popping returns this kind of strategy can produce. I started it as 15% of my port, with the rest in other LTBH type stocks and and index fund. FOG is up 100%+ in three months. It's been fantastic, but I couldn't imagine sinking all of my retirement wealth into one "chase the high fliers" strategy.

Really, this bull market and seemingly non-stop P/E expansion can't go on forever. Especially if the Fed is serious about slowing down the economy. If and when this does end it will be the RS stocks that get hurt the most, IMHO. Rensor1 rolled the dice and came up sevens, but could have easily gone the other way.

The more I see these "I gained 500% last year" posts like this the more I think this really is a bubble waiting to burst as the Bears that lurk these boards think. It scares me, frankly, as it simply can't be sustained.

Ed
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.