Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I subscribe to ROAD&TRACK and CAR&DRIVER, and have for more than twenty years. My CAR&DRIVER actually goes back twenty-five years, now. I used to read a lot more (about cars) than I do, now.

I let my AutoWeek expire several years ago. I had that for three or four years before the format change, and kept it for four or five years after it became a "real" magazine. But I really missed Satch Carlson.

I've been tempted from time to time to pick up a racing magazine. I bought a few issues of ChampCar magazine, but it folded-up a few years ago. It was really good and I miss it and I hope that mine wasn't the subscription that they needed to still be in business.

While on vacation a few months ago, I picked up BIMMER magazine at a news stand, along with a Mazda magazine and a few others. BIMMER was such a good magazine that I actually have found myself dreaming about buying a BMW! ( http://www.YourBimmer.com/ ) They had articles and columns about BMWs, sure, but the focus wasn't on the trust fund set. The issues I saw were full of "I bought my 3-series for $5000 and put $2500 into it and now it's worth a skillion bucks to me!" -type stories about guys (and gals, too) who bought their cars used, not to say used up, and did a little "restovation" on them and now have terrific daily driver transportation without huge car payments and insurance and so on.

I really wish that there was a BIMMER magazine for Honda owners. I'd love to be able to get really enthused over our Accord ten or twelve times per year.
Print the post  

Announcements

Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.