Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
I suspect that no one responded to the original post because no one is aware of any special firefighter-related tax breaks. I didn't see anything in a quick look thru the IRS site, nor did a google search turn up much. What's more, the site located by Steve39C doesn't appear to offer anything out of the ordinary for firefighters. The stuff about cost of uniforms, continuing education, equipment, some travel expenses, etc. are not unique to firefighters - the same things would apply to policemen, UPS drivers, nurses, and so on. If that's the case, I suspect the OP could do just fine with something like TurboTax, reading up carefully on miscellaneous deductions.

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.