Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
I swore that I would drop this thread....but come on! This is Tesla fanboy claims.

These are the observations of somebody with extensive experience, as opposed to all of the things you write, which are pretty much your imagination.

Modern cars have Adaptive Cruise Control, Lane Keeping Assist, etc. Whether it's a Tesla or a Honda ot a Toyoto, all have this stuff. None of them are less stressful than the others. I would hazard to say that a Honda/Toyota EV doesn't drive much differently than a Honda/Toyota ICE.

This is just stuff you're making up because you think it's likely to be true. The reality is that these checkbox features are laughable compared to Tesla's abilities. I've tried quite a few and they're disappointing at best. Come back and make claims when you are less clueless.

Humpf. We had no need to "plot out a route". Just glanced at google maps to verify that I-30 would take us to Dallas, get in the car and go. The on-the-road route modifications are usually "Honey, I need to pee, pull off at the next gas station."

If you say so. Me, I've gotten in the habit of entering my letting the Tesla navigation tell me what I should expect, from traffic jams (which it routes around), to where I would have to charge to make my trip most efficient. I do this even on local trips just because it's sometimes useful. It also means that I can tell people without guessing when I'm likely to arrive.

The 9'th thru 50'th (or maybe 3'rd to 50'th) people are going to have a looooong wait before they get to plug in.

Again, wholly your imagination. My reality is that when I've stayed at motels overnight with chargers that I've never had a problem. As more EVs populate our world, more chargers will appear. Youl might have noticed that hitching posts and stables have disappeared as horses became less common for long distance transportation.

-IGU-
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.