Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I think after the last couple of years many of us are still a little gun-shy about those price drops. I'm sure I'm not the only one on this board that made the mistake of either riding a stock down to the bottom, or worse yet, BUYING all the way down! I'm now using the "trailing stop" strategy in the hopes of keeping any losses to a minimum.

Eleanor:

If you're using a trailing stop on CNS, don't set it too close. You could get stopped out for no good reason on these price fluctuations that are characteristic of small caps.

Personally I never use trailing stops any more; they cost me too much money in the past. Now if I don't like the stock I just sell, and if I like the stock I hold. Keep it simple. CNS is not going to crash, it will just bounce around a bit. It is a good company with strong fundamentals, and unless that changes, don't let the fluctuations rattle you.

Hope this helps.

--Bill
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.