Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
I think an objective person might note that Catherine often rubs certain personalities the wrong way

Any person (me, in this case) taking the minority (thus dissenting) POV "rubs certain personalities the wrong way." It just so happens that the POVs I take (anti-Official Medicine, anti-Cancer, Inc., pro-self-help health care) aren't the popular POV.

Contrary to IP's observation that I try to "chase people away," I would say, quite the opposite. I welcome a fully fleshed out debate on crucial issues such as life and death in American disease care. It's just that the majority opinion ("Official Medicine is A-OK with me") cannot stand this debate. This organization recognizes this state of affairs and has sought to defuse/correct it. Can anyone honestly say that their POV is incorrect?

http://www.fastercures.org/sec/why_urgent

Why, in one of the most advanced economies on earth, at a time when the perils of disease are all too obvious, is the effort to accelerate medical solutions necessary? It's not that progress has ground to a halt. Advancing medical science continues to amaze us. But there is no systematic effort to address the tangle of regulation, misplaced priorities and conflicting incentives that slow progress in an era in which the cure for so many diseases is tantalizingly close.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.