Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I think CAS handled this correctly. They stated that they do not believe he is a cheat, but he made a mistake. The rules are pretty clear and he has to pay the price for his mistake. I agree this is sad, but that does not mean anything was done improperly...

I disagree. The amount of the chemical used in Propecia is insufficient to mask any drugs, which is what the test is intended to uncover. The theory is that if you are taking a drug that can mask a performance-enhancing drug, then you are just as guilty as if you were taking the performance enhancing drug even if not actually taking it.

This is a standard of indirect guilt that should offensive to a society that values innocence until guilt is proven. it is like saying that if you wear a baggy shirt you must be packing a gun, even if you can't see the gun. I am all for testing for doping offenders and banning them from all sports. But let's get the people who are actually committing the crimes, instead of punishing athletes who are trying to fight off premature balding.

Fuskie
Who notes this is the type of testing Bode Miller (what an a$$ for clubbing it up the night before his first race and then trying out new skis in competition) was speaking out against...
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.