Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I think children look up to many people. If kids, or adults for that matter, are looking up to you, to them you are a role model. Bode or Mac Dre or Mike Tyson, they are not role models to me, but to some kids they are. A role model is someone that you look up to and want to follow, now if the actions taken by this role model are good or worth following is a whole other topic.

I am a substitute teacher for middle and high school students and there are kids talking about rappers who are their role models because they are rich and they've been shot at, there are kids who think Bode is super cool because he skies drunk and now they want to go to the slopes on the weekends. A few hold to the traditional beliefs and say their parents are their role models.

As for athletes being role models, pretty much all the famous ones are. Regardless if their actions deserve to be idolized, they are.

=) Megan
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.