Skip to main content
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Check out the new home page at discussion.fool.com or click below to go directly to the new Board on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I think GM has had a problem for some time with all vehicles looking alike. It makes it nice for car thieves though, because all parts are interchangeable. Sorry, just being a little sarcastic.

GM has always been the no. 1 in trucks, but that has diminished. They need a diesel that will perform. There is no greater gasoline engine in the world than the GM V-8s. Ford can not compare in my mind. But their diesels have almost sent the diesel engine into extinction with its dismal performance. They are supposed to come up with a new diesel engine this year that could be the necessary item to bring the GMC (Chevy) trucks back to where they belong. Isuzu can certainly build a good diesel engine, they have been doing it for years in Asia. Now if GM will come out with pickup versions in the 1.5, 2, and 2.5 ton rating like Ford has done where you can get great options in those heavy weight models, maybe they can put Ford back in the back-seat again on pick-up sales.

I have always been a GM fan. Ran Chevy, Olds, & Buick cars, and Chevy trucks. I'm currently completely Ford, with an Explorer and a Power Stroke Diesel 3/4 Ton Pick-up. (Pulling a stock trailer in the mountains without the diesel kills you at the pump.) I like them both very much, but I still remember my Olds and Buicks. I loved them. Hope GM can get it back again. Maybe it's just me, but I think they tried to ride on their laurels for to long, and lost track of what the public wants.

Buy the way I own GM stock not Ford stock, so you can see I want them to succeed.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.