Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 25
I think I sense a new book being written even as we speak.

One comment about the "Don't copy us, don't copy us!" stuff.

You write an investment book and sell it to amateurs who are looking for some advice and guidance. In this book you spend 200 pages or so carefully explaining a strategy and how to implement it, and that by following this strategy you came up with these stocks which qualify, and how great they are and why they are so great (they even get point scores assigned, horray, MSFT won).....then you expect the person buying the book for guidance to put it down and say to himself, "That's interesting, but I'm not going buy based on their recommendation."? ?

Why do you think he/she bought the book in the first place? For some light fiction reading before bedtime? True, people who follow blindly should not expect any better than they get; conversely, to try and explain away a strategy that has not worked by using the "don't follow me" disclaimer is just too typical.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.