Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 5
I think I'm being given the runaround. Am I? What do you folks think?

I think you are both being given the runaround by each other

I do not believe it is genuine for them to advertise a specific car for $27,767 and then say you also have to pay for the $500 tint. Without seeing the specifics of the ad it is impossible to say exactly though.

I do not believe it is genuine for you to feel you should be entitled to a $2,517 discount from your already negotiated offer of $27,000

So from my perspective it's hard to claim "foul" when you are playing the same game as they are. Of course they play it every day and make money doing it so they are likely going to be better at it and come out ahead in the end.

If the car is what you want at a price you believe is fair then buy it. If you don't trust the dealer then go to another and stop playing games. If you don't want to negotiate, use a buying/pricing service or go to a one price store and accept that you may not get the BEST deal, but you will get the same reasonably fair deal as everyone else.
Print the post  

Announcements

Beware Flood-Damaged Cars
Know what you are getting, don't get stuck with a Katrina victim. Check these links before you buy.
Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.