Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 3
I think it was the early 20th century Wall Street financier Bernard Baruch who said something like "when you get stock tips from your shoe-shine boy, its time to sell"

For about the last several months, many of the investment discussion forums I've visited have been dominated by shoe-shine boys. I see very little in the form of fundamentals and earnings potential in the discussions.

We have sold all of our tech and am working selling small caps. We're about 50% cash right now. Yes, this is exposed to inflation, but I'll take that in exchange for not feeling the pain of a significant correction I sense is headed our way.

BruceM
Print the post  

Announcements

The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.