Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I think it would be foolish not to get started. But you need to be Foolish going about it. Get it? foolish, Foolish? Anyway, DRIPs are great becuase they provide the ability to easily invest small amounts of capital (I'm in college too, so I'm always broke) with minimal transaction cost over the long haul (greedy brokers). If you haven't already, maybe check out www.microivesting.net for some more Foolishness on DRIPs. I'd also look at the IRA thing while your in school, A little is better then nothing when it comes to the miracle of compounding. Also, once a 'year' is lost to an IRA, it's lost forever. You can't go back and invest 3000 or whatever the cap is now for years gone by. So let me know how it turns out.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.