Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I think Schwab dropped it because the brokers wanted a service they could provide that the site couldn't. As I said, it was a long time ago. Maybe more than a decade! I just remember you could definitely trade on Toronto via the website at one point and then they took it away.

I see you are thinking of sticking to the stronger currencies/political systems, UK / AUS, but is there anyone whose currency you think can appreciate against the USD in the next several years? Because getting that tailwind would greatly reduce company risk. Swiss Franc, British Pound are all that comes to mind for me. AUD and CAD are so commodity driven (their economies) there's little telling what will happen to their currency based on their economies.

I like Japanese companies for their exports, but I don't think the JPY is a good situation long term. I believe government debt there exceeds 2 times GDP now? (Might have that wrong, I sometimes get terms mixed up!)

The Korean Won seems like a good bet; Hyundai and Samsung are exporting "machines" and the rest of their car industry is strong, too. That brings a lot of heavy industry along with it, having a strong auto industry.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.