Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I think that ALGN truly is a Hidden Gem. I just bought in today around $7.30 per share. The stock has recently come down from the $20's to $7-8/share because the founder left in a dispute and started a competitor. The PE 0f 43 looks high, but not when you consider the company's growth, and the fact that the business is currently investing heavily in SG&A to get the product out there. So while the net profit margin is a meager 5.5% because the selling expenses are high, gross margin remains a robust 76%.

Insiders own 12% of the shares.

From what I have heard, the new competition is not a major threat. If you talk to a dentist or or orthodontist, they will tell you "people come in asking for the Invisalign product" ...even though it's expensive.

It's also financially clean, with free cash flow and $1/share in net cash.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.