Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I think that tactically Obama won. The Luntz panel agreed that "the president won on points."

However, strategically I think Romney won. The Luntz panel felt that once again "Romney won on the economy." Most of the panel felt that the economy was the deciding factor. I would further add that Romney looked and acted presidential and that he was knowledgeable and confident in foreign policy. Obama often acted petty. Interestingly, Obama often looked petty when Romney was talking too.

I don't think this debate will affect the momentum much but the small affect it does have will favor Romney. Look for Ohio to tip towards Romney over the next week.

I think Obama won in a HS debate, although it would depend upon how well acquainted the debate judges knew the topic, Obama did best while assigning false assumption of Romney's position and past.

Tactically? Obama tried to drag the debate to a certain place repeatedly, Romney said no thanks. Tactically, this was a disaster for Obama IMO, he wanted a certain debate and did not get it.

Obama got better talking points. No doubt, had lots of zingers that Romney did not really open himself to, that Obama used anyway.

This did not work well for Obama IMO
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.