Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I think that the Fools believe that Tweener status is not a reason not to have the stock, it just means that the company needs to be watched carefully. It has already gone through the Breaker stage, and as a result, hopefully you alreadt have been doing research, and probably even invested. I would be less likely to start investing duing the Tweener stage, but quite happy to increase an investment in a Tweener, since this is a high-risk stage, starting to fend off competition and therefore having the risk of being knocked down. If you already have the holding from the B stage, you will already know the company in depth, and should have been looking into potential rivals for some time. As a rsult, you should be able to better judge the threat. The ideal is to keep it all the way through to RM status and hold as a very long term pick. As a result, I see this stage as much more demanding, monitoring that they maintain RB qualities whilst trying to improve RM requirements AND fend off the competition.

So you can't ignore Tweeners, they are an important consideration, but they may be too much for those who want to limit their efforts. Investments are up to the individual. Some people are willing to put in more, and some people prefer different styles. The question is, how long will it be before the RB port is too heavily invested in RM stocks that they could never justify selling?

Just my tuppence,

angussb.

Think long, buy long, hold long.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.