Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I think the polls are a great idea and this is a superb application. It is too bad that I am in the throes of moving from Tampa, FL to the swamplands of Loozyanna. We found a little ole log cabin on de bayou (well it's actually called Moss Lake) of about tree tousand square footses and plan on moving about July 1. I have already boxed up thirty some boxes of books (these are just the ones I can't live without) and have about ten to go. Valerie asked what I could do without and it was a hard choice ... none of the collection of Sir Winston Churchill ... certainly not the autographed copy of J. Edgar Hoover ... all of the poetry must stay ... each one is a personal friend that I come back to often ... how can I say goodbye to them. Yes, I know, they are available at the library but to a dedicatedly insane bibliophile it is just not the same.

I told her it was like the difference between spending the night with the woman you love and going to a house of ill fame. Fortunately she did not ask how I knew.

I will continue to lurk, comment, but much reading until probably September. Bye y'all.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.