Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I think the short sellers are now attacking MNK to bring down the effective takeover price. I am still holding out for 84 but might settle for a bit lower in the next few days if they push MNK down enough. I am planning to retain part of my position even after the takeover as the QCOR section should do very well with the lower Irish tax rate.

I am also going to let my short puts slowly expire unless their internal rate of return drops below 5% p.a.

I am also slowly increasing my DOTM short put position in NQ (strikes of 10-12) and GALE which I am fairly confident in as a part of the shift away from QCOR. GALE is very risky in the short term IMHO but my reasoning is that cheap shares picked up under 2 or 2.5 have a superb lottery built in in the form of the Neuvax phase 3 trials. My guess is that shares could easily break 10-20 if that becomes successful and the effort would be worth it even if took a couple of years for that to happen.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.