No. of Recommendations: 0
I think the W2 deal is better in this case.
Some things you do not include in your calculation is
... Employer share of Social Sequrity
... UIC and workers compensation

There is a third option I would like to mention.
There are business that provide employer of record services for people who would ordinarly be 1099 corp-to-corp.

The way these work is the employeer of record receives compensation and after charging a fee returns the money in the form of W2 wages and expences. They do all the paper work usually including billing.

I use such a relationship. My 401K controbution is 9% against my w2 pay plus a match that is payed as an expense from the total comp sent to my employer of record. Things like health insurance are payed pre tax as an expense against billing.

the company I use is named Solution Specialists
can be reached at

I am sure you could find other firms using internet searches like
"Consultant employeer record"
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.