Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
I think you are being too kind Fuma. IMO, the abstract shows nothing other than a dose-dependent relationship between peptide concentration and immune response. This validates what has been known for decades. The problem with peptide immunization has never been immune response, but clinical response despite the appearance of immunity.

They state there was no disease progression in the 8 patients, but given most patients received either chemo or some form of blockade, it’s impossible to attribute this to vaccination.

With that said, their categorization of peptides as inhibigens or stimulatory is very interesting scientifically. Their website takes a veiled swipe at Edge by claiming that they “know” what peptides are effective while others guess. Of course this is nonsense as it presupposes outcomes of trials yet to be done. But this does set up an interesting competition between the two platforms. Genocea in the camp that peptides derived from neoantigens are engendered with a binary (and presumably fixed) property of being either inhibitors or stimulators. Edge, otoh, would assume that a given peptide could be either, depending on physiological context.

If I were a granting agency I would love to fund something like a comparison between the two because it addresses a very critical scientific question. As an investment? Not for me.

Cosmid (no position)
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.