Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
I think you are using the stastics of the super millionaire to try and show the 1-5 million dollar net worth folks are living a high consumption life style...they aren't.

The statistics I am using are from the 733 Stanley studied. Average home purchase occured in 1986 for $560,000 with a remaining mortgage of $300,000. The median wealth of this group is $4 million. The median income is $400,000. Never once did I use statistics from the ALL millionaire IRS study or the "super-rich"(as you're suggesting).

Per page 335, quote:

According to the IRS databse, which encompasses all milionaire households nationwide (ed: including Bill GAtes), and thus includes certain deodemographic cateories not surveyed in my study, such as farners and others, the average value of the American milionaire's home is estimated to be $277,640. "

Would you like to argue with that quote?

No I don't want to argue this quote. This is exactly my original point. That the IRS study, NOT THE 733 STUDY, is the one that suggested the average home of ALL millionaires was $277,000 (even with the Gates'). These are the statistics you used to make your argument, not me.

BOTTOM LINE: MOST MILLIONAIRES, AT ALL LEVELS, CHOOSE TO CARRY MORTGAGES WHEN THEY CAN AFFORD TO PAY THEM OFF.
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.